Maison du Patrimoine Atelier Perret
Atelier Perret is listed on the UNESCO world heritage site.
Visit : The show-apartment
With the aim of offering everyone “a right to somewhere quiet, bright, airy and spacious” while creating “something new and durable”, the Atelier Perret designed a model-apartment, a bright, spacious, rational space that served as a model when rebuilding 10,000 dwellings in the city. It is a walk-through apartment with numerous windows and the interior space forming a vast open area, bound by a single pillar: the partition wall thus adapts to a variety of uses.
The show-apartment is a reproduction of the first dwelling designed in 1946 by Atelier Perret and was opened when the rebuilt city center was listed on the UNESCO world heritage site. It testifies to the emergence of a new habitat model combining modern comfort and mass-produced furniture, designed for victims of the war by designers such as René Gabriel and Marcel Gascoin. Just a stone’s throw away, the Maison du Patrimoine includes a space devoted to interpretation of the city’s architecture and heritage, and provides visitors with information on the different ways of exploring the city, alone or with a guide.
Photo © SMT-I-Saliba (18)
181, rue de Paris
76600 Le Havre
- Visitors with physical disabilities
- Visitors with hearing impairment
- Visitors with mental disabilities
- Visitors with visual impairment
- From April 1st to September 30: From Monday to Sunday, from 10.30am to 12.30 and from 1.30pm à 6.30pm.
- From Octobre 1st to Mars 31 : From Monday to Sunday, from 1.45pm to 6.30pm.
- Closed December 25 and January 1st.
0 - 5€
Stage 3 on the discovery tour 1. The Perret Area
Visit of the show-apartment (reservation advised)
How to get here- Tram: A and B Hôtel de Ville Stop
- Bus: lines 1, 2, 3, 4 and 7
- Ticket sales
- Information desk
- Rest area